> Practice Areas > Car Accidents
A car accident lawyer from Sheff Law in Boston, Massachusetts will help you fight the insurance companies to get the settlement you deserve. Our car accident lawyers have vast experience handling an array of complex car accident cases. We are dedicated to getting our clients the maximum compensation available for hospital visits, therapy programs, medical bills, and and lost wages.
We specialize in brain injury and head injury and traumatic brain injury resulting from car accidents. These injuries may not be visible, but they can be devastating to the lives and livelihoods of car accident victims.
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security reported more than 160 fatalities and more than 4,000 serious injuries due to traffic accidents in each of the years from 2010 to 2012. More than 60 pedestrians were killed in car accidents in Boston and Massachusetts in each of those years as well.
The term “car accident” is misleading, because many crashes are the result of negligent behavior by drivers or unsafe road conditions, including the following:
- Driving too slowly
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Drugged or drunk driving, including operating under the influence of prescription medications
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Failure to use turn signals
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Defects in automobile designs or safety features
- Broken, worn or improperly repaired mechanical components or tires
- Broken traffic lights
- Incorrect highway signs
- Faulty highway or road design
- Poor maintenance of roads and bridges
- Faulty construction of roads, tunnels, embankments and exits
- Insufficient or broken roadway lighting
The Sheff Law team of car accident lawyers in Boston brings extensive experience fighting for car accident victims throughout Massachusetts. We know the tactics insurance companies use through their lawyers and adjusters to make attempts at minimizing your compensation, and we fight hard to get our clients the settlements they deserve.
If you or someone you know has been hurt or killed in a Massachusetts car accident, contact Sheff Law. A car accident lawyer will review your case and help you understand your rights with a free consultation.