July 14, 9:25 PM
LOWELL (CBS) – The apartment building where seven people died in a fire in Lowell last week will not be torn down as planned on Tuesday. A lawyer representing the families of the victims has obtained a temporary restraining order to block crews from tearing it down.
Attorney Douglas Sheff says the families of those killed are simply looking for answers which they will only get from further investigation. Sheff says he would like to work on the investigation with city officials but would conduct the investigation privately if needed.
A full hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Download a PDF (opens in new window)